Could I be pregnant.

Patient

Q: Hi,i just wanna ti know if i could be pregnant?..my fertility finished on 10 and i had relation on 13 without any precaution so could u plz tell if i could be pregnant?

Symptoms:  No symptoms yet..aprt from getting hungry
Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thank you for writing to Ask the Doctor.

An unprotected intercourse results in pregnancy only when a woman is in her so-called "Fertile Period". The fertile period of a woman is determined by analyzing her menstrual cycle with an ovulation calculator or fertility chart. Normally, the menstrual cycle is a 28 day cycle. During the 14th day after a period, the ovum is released. This process is called ovulation and the days 12 to 16 days after a period are said to be a woman’s most fertile period. Ovulation may not occur at a predictable time in the menstrual cycle, however. A number of factors may cause an unexpectedly early or late ovulation, even for women with a history of regular menstrual cycles.
A pregnancy test attempts to determine whether a woman is pregnant. Markers that indicate pregnancy are found in urine and blood, and pregnancy tests require sampling one of these substances. Most chemical tests for pregnancy look for the presence of the beta subunit of hCG or human chorionic gonadotropin, in the blood or urine. hCG can be detected in urine or blood after implantation, which occurs six to twelve days after fertilization.
Please get a pregnancy test done if you miss a period. You may also discuss with your doctor about other options.

Hope this helps.