Could I be Pregnant?

Patient

Q: I have had heavy bleeding and a lot of pain, and a throbbing sensation in my vagina which keeps me awake at night.
Can i be pregnant or if not what could it be?
I am on the contraceptive pill but am not taking the sugar pill while bleeding i am on the other one.

Symptoms:  Severe Pain in lower stomach region
Loss of sleep
Loss of concentration
Crying
Dizziness
Drowsiness
Doctor

A:   Hi,

While taking contraceptive pills, some amount of menstrual irregularities are common.
But having excessive bleeding while using a contraceptive pill is somewhat uncommon.
Avoiding the non-hormonal pill or sugar pill may not affect the contraception.
But if you missed any of the active or hormonal pills, there is a possibility of pregnancy and miscarriage.
In that case please go for an ultrasound once to rule out this possibility.

Hope this helps.
Take care.