Could I be Pregnant?

Patient : I have had heavy bleeding and a lot of pain, and a throbbing sensation in my vagina which keeps me awake at night. Can i be pregnant or if not what could it be? I am on the contraceptive pill but am not taking the sugar pill while bleeding i am on the other one.
Symptoms:  Severe Pain in lower stomach region
Loss of sleep
Loss of concentration
Crying
Dizziness
Drowsiness
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. While taking contraceptive pills, some amount of menstrual ir regularities are common. But having excessive bleeding while using a contraceptive pill is somewhat uncommon. Avoiding the non-hormonal pill or sugar pill may not affect the contraception. But if you missed any of the active or hormonal pills, there is a possibility of pregnancy and miscarriage. In that case please go for an ultrasound once to rule out this possibility. Hope this helps. Take care.