Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Could I be Pregnant?

Could I be Pregnant?

Patient: I have had heavy bleeding and a lot of pain, and a throbbing sensation in my vagina which keeps me awake at night.Can i be pregnant or if not what could it be?I am on the contraceptive pill but am not taking the sugar pill while bleeding i am on the other one.

Symptoms: Severe Pain in lower stomach region
Loss of sleep
Loss of concentration
Crying
Dizziness
Drowsiness

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.While taking contraceptive pills, some amount of menstrual ir regularities are common.But having excessive bleeding while using a contraceptive pill is somewhat uncommon.Avoiding the non-hormonal pill or sugar pill may not affect the contraception.But if you missed any of the active or hormonal pills, there is a possibility of pregnancy and miscarriage.In that case please go for an ultrasound once to rule out this possibility.Hope this helps.Take care.