Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Could i be pregnant?

Could i be pregnant?

Patient: Hi just wondering if i am pregnant, i am 5 days late and had 2 negative test. i have had white discharge, lower back pain and no other symptoms. We have been very careful every time using a condom. Except 2 days before my period was due we had sex and my husband pulled out. I am 30 yrs old and have a 2.5 year old and came off the pill in december.

Symptoms: 5 days late, white discharge and lower back pain

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.A delayed period in a sexually active woman can mean a possible pregnancy, however vig ilant you have been, there can be chances of contraception failure.Kindly repeat the pregnancy test after a week or see a gynecologist for an examination and a beta hCG blood test which will tell you accurately about the status of your pregnancy.Hope this helped.Regards