Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Could I be Pregnant?

Could I be Pregnant?

Patient: I was making out with my bf and one thing led to another. . . . his penis touched clitoris for about 10 seconds and then i washed down there with cold water and soap real quick. we feel horrible and told each other it wont happen again and we havent done anything since. could i be pregnant? the last time i started my period was on Oct. 7 and this accident happend Oct 27. please answer. thank you.

Doctor: The only way to be certain of pregnancy is to do a urine pregnancy test the day you miss your periods or after 2-3 weeks after the sexual activity. Please remember to use barrier contraceptives (condoms) to avoid getting pregnant. Hope this answers your query.