Could I be pregnant after 2 days of pink spotting?

Patient: All my life, I’ve been having irregular periods. It usually last within 3-5 days. My last period was 2 1/2 weeks ago. From then til now, I’ve been having unprotected sex with my mate of 7yrs. On Saturday and Sunday, I was spotting pink discharge but only when I wipe. Is it possible that I can be pregnant or is it part of my irregular period?

Symptoms: Sleepy and lower back pain

Doctor: Hello,If you have had your periods 2+1/2 weeks back and have been undertaking unprotected sexual activity since last 2 weeks, then the light pink discharge in the middle of the cycle could indicate an implantation bleed of pregnancy unless proven otherwise.This could even be an ovulatory bleed or spotting in the mid cycle and hence pregnancy needs to be confirmed.This can be achieved by opting for a serum beta hcg test between day 22-26 of the cycle. The test indicates levels of hcg hormone, which if found to be raised indicates pregnancy and if less than 1, then pregnancy is negated and the bleed being an ovulatory spotting would be a more likely explanation. An implantation bleed is always a retrospective diagnosis based on high levels of hcg on serum beta hcg test.So, i hope i have answered your query,wishing you good health,Regards