Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Could I be pregnant after fooling around with my boyfriend?

Could I be pregnant after fooling around with my boyfriend?

Patient: My boyfriend and I have never had real intercourse, but we’ve had oral sex before. One day, we got carried away and I guess it could describe it as “dry humping”. Although, we both got very horny that time, and he took out his penis and I was wearing leggings. His penis touched my bum and close to my vagina a few times, but I told him to be careful and moved it. There was also a hole in my leggings, and my underwear moved around very easily. We’ve done this a few times, just without the hole in my leggings and his penis not touching my bum bare, my leggings covered them before. My period has been late for 2 days, but I usually have an irregular period. I’m not on any pills, and he wasn’t wearing a condom. I’m very scared that I could be pregnant. We’ve had this problem before, but I did ending up getting my period. Is there any chance that I might be pregnant this time?

Doctor: I understand your doubt about possible pregnancy. Surely it would very unlikely for you to become pregnant according to the way you described the events.Since you are irregular in your menses, it might be a good idea to rule out pregnancy after a week from your due date, you could use a home pregnancy test with the first urine of the morning.In the future if you want to avoid unwanted pregnancies, it would be recommended for you to consult your health care provider for contraceptive methods, he or she would kindly explain the best options for you. I wish you the best.