Could I be Pregnant after I missed a period

Patient

Q: So I have missed my period and been having signs of being pregnant. I took 2 at pregnancy test and both came back negative could I be pregnant.

Symptoms:  Sick to stomach, headache, missed period
Doctor

A:   The best way to find out when in doubt about a pregnancy is to take a home pregnancy test. Home pregnancy tests work by detecting the presence of the pregnancy hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in a woman's urine. You did the right thing by taking a pregnancy test and now that it has tested negative, I suggest that you accept the fact that you are not pregnant. When correctly done, most pregnancy tests are nearly 99 percent accurate. Yet if you feel that the pregnancy test is falsely negative, the best option would be to repeat the tests after a week.
Delayed menses (delay of upto 2 -3 weeks sometimes) are quite common and a normal variation of a woman’s menstrual cycles. If you are not pregnant, it is recommended that you wait for another week or two for the periods to show without any reason to worry about the same.