Could I be pregnant and feel this way already?

Patient

Q: Ok i had sex with my boyfriend about 2 and a half weeks ago and it was unprotected. Lately I have been nauseous and very tired and also urinating a whole lot. Sometimes during the day i can smell very strong smells. Could i be pregnant or is it too soon?

Doctor

A:   Symptoms of pregnancy could be present as early as two weeks after conception; hormonal changes may make your breasts tender, tingly or sore. Fatigue also ranks high among early symptoms of pregnancy. Morning sickness, which can strike at any time of the day or night, is one of the classic symptoms of pregnancy. For some women, the queasiness begins as early as two weeks after conception.In my opinion, you should take a home pregnancy test if your menses are a week late from your due date. If a positive result occurs, you might want to confirm it with a blood pregnancy test with your health care provider.