Could I be pregnant and not know?

Patient

Q: I had sex on January the 18th I got period the next day on the 19th of January when I woke up I had a egg white discharge with pink blood in the middle But I still had a cycle that last til the 23rd it then went off and returned on the 24th of January and lasted til February the 5th it was somewhat heavy and I was a week a away from my next period which was suppose to start February the 16th it never showed and I had normal white mucus couldn't I be pregnant?

Symptoms:  Nipples are sore and back pain
Doctor

A:   Hi,

As you got bleeding one day after intercourse the possibility of pregnancy is less.
If there is any history of unprotected intercourse before this especially around the time of ovulation, there is a possibility of pregnancy.
Otherwise the prolonged bleeding you had could be menorrhagia due possible causes like gonadal or thyroid hormonal abnormalities, uterine causes like fibroids, adenomyosis, endometrial abnormalities etc.
Prolonged bleeding in the previous month can delay the next month period.
Increased vaginal discharge can be seen in the premenstrual phase.
Possibly you may get periods in one week.

If not, better to consult your doctor and get evaluated regarding the cause of irregular periods.
Take care.