Could I be pregnant despite a negative pregnancy test?

Patient

Q: I am currently taking the Yasmin contraceptive pill and have recently carried over three packs of pills.
I finished the last packet on the 7th April so that I would have my usual 7 day break however I have not had a period.
I took a Clearblue pregnancy test on Monday 13th April and it came back with a negative however I have still not as yet had a period and have begun my next packet of pills today.
I wondered if the accumulation of the hormones from the pill could give me a negative reading on my pregnancy test or if you have any advice regarding this please?

Symptoms:  No period
Doctor