Could I be pregnant even though my test was negative?

Patient

Q: My period is 13 days late, however I took 4 at homes and they all came back negative. What is my next step?

Symptoms:  Missed period, fuller breasts, slight cramping, slight bloating, nausea, mood swings
Doctor

A:   Hi,

Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes lifestyle modifications, weight changes, stress and strain, hormonal imbalance etc.
Fullness of the breast, abdominal cramps, nausea etc symptoms can be seen in premenstrual and also in early pregnancy.
So, better to go for blood test for pregnancy or ultrasound, which can give more accurate results compared with urine pregnancy test.
If any of these tests also gives negative result, the possibility of pregnancy is less.
And you can take tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding with your doctor's advice.

Take care