Could I be pregnant, given the timing and situation?

Q: If I had unprotected sex the day before my period was due, and then got the full 5-day period as expected the next day, could i be pregnant?

Symptoms:  Sore breasts

A:   The days leading to a period are generally termed as 'safe days' from unwanted pregnancy or contracep[tion point of view. People who follow natural methods of contraception or Calender method use these days to have unprotected intercourse. These days are termed as safe days because the chances of ovulation occuring on these days are almost nil.
Having intercourse just one day prior to starting your period cannot get you pregnant.
This is howvever a method that is fraught with errors and chances of failure is high. In the future, it is recommended that you use a more reliable contraceptive method.