Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Could I be pregnant if he wasn’t even close to ejaculating?

Could I be pregnant if he wasn’t even close to ejaculating?

Patient: On day 21/day 22 of my menstrual cycle my bf and i had unprotected sex. he went in half way and didnt come close to ejaculating, he was in for about 5 minutes but we stopped.is there a chance i could be pregnant?PS he urinated after he ejaculated last which probably was 2 weeks before this incident.as of right now my period is in 5 daysplease answer quickly!

Doctor: It is highly unlikely that you could be pregnant. In the absence of an ejaculation in your vagina it is unlikely that yo u could have conceived. Rather than getting stressed, it would be advisable to wait for your period and in case of any delay, to do a home pregnancy test to allay your fears.Precum or pre-ejaculatory fluid is the secretion from the glands in the aroused penis. This fluid rarely ever contains active sperms. Having vaginal intercourse (without ejaculation) only exposes you to the pre-ejaculatory fluid and hence your chances of pregnancy are almost nil.I hope you feel better after reading this. However you must remember that accidents such as these are common and next time the situation may not be as favorable. Visit a family planning clinic or a contraception counselor and discuss the benefits and use of emergency contraceptive or morning after pills. Armed with the proper knowledge, I am sure you will be able to avoid anxious moments in the future.