Could I be pregnant or is my irregular period due to my recent lap surgery?

Patient : I had laparoscopic surgery on March 27th to remove a 7cm para-ovarian cyst. A week prior to the surgery I had my period. Following my surgery everything was normal and I healed without incident or delay. The period after my surgery came a week early on April 7th and it was extremely heavy and painful. My obgyn told me this was normal and surgery can disrupt your flow and normal cycle. He also told me during my post-op visit that it was safe for my husband and I to start trying to conceive. Here is my question: My period is usually normal and comes every month like clock work. My husband and I had unprotected sex on May 3rd and my period should have come on May 6th. It is now May 12th and no period. Could I be pregnant or is this due to the after effects of the lap surgery? Thanks!