Could I be pregnant or is this normal?

Patient : Hello, I am 16 years old, almost 17. Today, I got my period, but it's a light color and there's little to no bleeding. I have a period calendar app on my phone and I'm not supposed to have my period for another 9 days. I was ovulating 4 days ago. The last time I had sex was Saturday, 4 days ago. When should I take a pregnancy test? I did research and learned this could be implantation bleeding..I'm not prepared to be pregnant. Should I be freaking out or could this by any chance be normal?
Symptoms:  Period, implantation concerns, pregnancy scare
Doctor :   Having unprotected intercourse without any contraceptive cover on the same day as you would be ovulating is certainly no t a smartest thing to do. Freaking out about past mistakes is not one either. What you are experiencing does sound like what is known as Implantation bleeding. Implantation bleeding is seen as spotting or a lighter form of a period in pregnant women. The fertilized egg when it implants onto the lining of the womb causes some amount of bleeding from the site of implantation. This is what generally presents as Implantation bleeding. It is light pink or brownish in color and typically lasts only for 2 – 3 days. The bleeding is characteristically seen 6 – 12 days after ovulation and is many a times mistaken as the period by many women. The best way to know if the bleeding you are experiencing is Implantation bleeding or a period is to do a home pregnancy test. You just have to follow the instructions on the pack and you can test yourself without any hassles. The earliest you can test is 12 days after your ovulation day however it is best to wait till your expected periods date for more reliable results. Testing with early morning urine (that is the first pee after a night's sleep) also makes the test more sensitive and eliminates chances of a false negative. Hope you test negative this time. For the future, remember to use protection and avoid such accidents.