Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Could I be pregnant or what’s happening?

Could I be pregnant or what’s happening?

Patient: Hi, I’ve been spotting for a few days now.. but no period yet. Also along with that I’ve had terrible heart burn, nausea, and headaches. I’ve had sex recently and I have felt terrible pain after along with darker blood. Is this okay?

Symptoms: Bleeding, pain,dizziness, fatigue, & heartburn

Doctor: Hello,The symptoms mentioned like bleeding with dysmenorrhoea( pain during menses) , dizziness , fatigue and heart bu rn do form a part or premenstrual symptoms and indicate that your periods shall ensue in few days.This can be confused with implantation bleed in cases of late conception or late ovulation but it is generally not accompanied with pain, however the best test to rule out any pregnancy would be to perform a serum beta hcg test , which if found to have raised levels would indicate hcg production by cytotrophoblasts of the embryo and pregnancy would be confirmed. But if levels are less than 1, then pregnancy is ruled out definitively.I hope i have answered your query in detail, wishing you health,regards