Could I be pregnant? Please help. Thank you

Q: Dear Doctor, I had intercourse for the first time on April 11, 2010. We used a condom and my partner would frequently check the condom to make sure it was in tact. He said that it did not break and that the sperm did not come up to the base of the condom. Im not entirely sure but I believe Im 5-7 days late for my period. I counted 4 weeks this week for my period. Im having symptoms of like excessive vaginal discharge, tiredness, small irregular cramping (not my normal period cramping), feeling of being sick, and body aches. These were constant for 2 days after sex now they are off and on. Everytime I get these "cramps" I constantly end up thinking that im getting my period but instead I get discharge. Is it possible I am late because Of having sex for the first time? Also is it possible I am pregnant? If so when should I take a pregnancy test? Thank you for your help. P.s I having been suffering from stress due to this situation. Also I haven't bee on birth control for a few months now.

A:   I understand how concerned you feel about your condition. After having sex for the first time, it is normal to feel body aches and malaise that are thought to be caused possibly by muscle contractions never experienced before. These symptoms usually last for a few days after the sexual encounter.
However due to the symptoms that you feel, it would be also recommended to keep an eye on a possible Urinary tract infection, I suggest you to watch for fever, pain while urinating and recurrent discharge. If any of these symptoms continue you might want to consult your primary care physician for a more detailed evaluation and possible antibiotic prescription. UTI’s are very common infections and one of the risk factors is having sex, since the penis acts like a tool that pushes the bacteria into your vagina and Urethra.
Depending on the type of discharge that you are having, particular characteristics such as smell, color and concomitant symptoms would guide your physician to rule out the exact diagnosis. For instance, if the discharge is white to gray in color and has a fishy smell it might probably be caused by Gardnerella or if white and has a cottage cheese appearance it might also be yeast infections, these are commonly related to stress as well. About pregnancy, no contraceptive method is 100% effective, if you have doubts about the condom being broken, the best time to take a home pregnancy test would be after a week of your menses due date.  I wish you a prompt recovery.