Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Could I be pregnant still? 2 tests positive, 1 negative

Could I be pregnant still? 2 tests positive, 1 negative

Patient: My husband and I are trying to conceive and I started having symptoms of pregnancy. I’ve had the morning sickness for about 3 weeks now. And I’ve been having cravings and pain in my lower abdomen. So, I took 3 pregnancy tests at home. The first 2 came out positive. However, the 2nd one was a different brand and it came out negative. My family does have a history of low hormones during pregnancy, could that be it? Could I still be pregnant and it’s not showing up on the test?

Doctor: I understand your concern, though your symptoms could be due to pregnancy, the only way to confirm pregnancy is by a uri ne/blood pregnancy test. Since you’ve had mixed results with the urine test, I would suggest that you consult your doctor for blood test for pregnancy which is more sensitive and confirmatory.