Could i be pregnant while on the depo?

Patient

Q: I am on the depovera shot,and i have been having symptoms close to my past pregnancys, as in gagging while smoke a cigarette, im having pain on my right side were my overy would be close to my hip it hurts more when i push on it, also i feel sick randomly, and i get pains between my hips across the bottom of my stomach, my hormones are going crazy also. Could i possably be pregnant?

Doctor

A:   I understand how concerned you are about possible pregnancy. It is unusual to get pregnant when on depo injections, there is a failure rate, but it's extremely low. I would suggest you to take a pregnancy test just to be sure.