Could i be pregnant with normal 5 month periods??

Patient

Q: I have normal periods for last 5 months.Could i still be pregnant??I did ultrasound when i thought i was 2 months pregnant.but it was normal.No fetus was detected.The portion around the navel is a little hard than other stomach area.I have gained belly fat..Is it due to over eating??

Doctor

A:   Hi,

The possibility of pregnancy is less in your case as you had five regular and normal periods and ultrasound failed to demonstrate gestational sac or fetus.
If you are still having doubt regarding pregnancy, please go for urine pregnancy test once which can help in ruling out the possibility of pregnancy.
Abdominal fat can occumilate due to altered eating habits, taking high calorie food, excess fats and oil, sedentary lifestyle etc.
By dietary management and regular exercise you can decrease the abdominal fat.

Take care.