Could i be pregnant without missing my period?

Q: I had my period on the 14 of march and now am very nasious my breast are very painful and tired all the time. Could I be pregnant even though i just had a period? could i take a home test or too soon for a positive?

A:   Hello, I understand your concern about possible pregnancy. Certainly a pregnancy will stop your regular menstruations but sometimes people could confuse menses with implantation bleeding, the difference between them is obvious since implantation bleeding presents just like very light spotting and usually lasts for a day or two.
In my opinion if you had a recognized menstruation on march14th and almost 10 days have passed since that, it would be very unlikely for the symptoms that you present to be related to pregnancy. Sometimes in the middle of the cycles symptoms of breast tenderness, abdominal cramps, nausea and even vomits could be present due to the changes in the hormonal balance announcing the next menses. This could be the case, but if you miss your next menstruation you might want to take a pregnancy test, usually they have better results after a week of your missed period. I wish you the best.