Could I have ADD or Anemia?

Q: Could I have ADD, anemia, or something more seirous? To give some backgroud, I've had some difficulty focusing in school for a while now. I'll sit down to do an assignment and really make an effort, but I just can't seem to make myself focus. I'm tried even after sleeping for a full 7-8 hours and even when I find myself wide awake I'm not motivated toreally do anything. I want to be, but just nothing seems to interest me. My mother passed a few months back and it hit me hard...but I don't thin I'm depressed. Recently my roommate offerd me an adderal to help study and I was finally able to focus and felt great. I could funtion properly. I felt normal and it made me realize that I might acutally have an issue. That being said I really don't think I have ADD either....the only think I could think of was anemia. A doctor had mentioned it whe I was younger and I do have a very heavy flow, but I wanted a second opinion as to not put off treatment if it sound like something more serious. It just seems odd that, if ADD is the issue, it would only become and issue for me now.

Symptoms:  General fatigue, difficulty conentrating, apathy, "brain fog", lack of motivation