Could I Have an STD?

Patient

Q: I had unprotected sex But not for very long, only a couple of minutes until i realised what i was doing was wrong what are the chances of me contracting an std? I am showing no symptoms and i washed up straight away.

Doctor

A:   The chances of contracting an STD after unprotected sexual intercourse is high, even if the penetration was only for a short time.  I would suggest that you get yourself tested for sexually transmitted infections as soon as you can. In the meantime watch-out for symptoms like fever, burning sensation during urination, discharge or development of any sores on the penis.
Please try to use a condom the next time and practise safe sexual methods. I hope this answers your question, take care.