Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Could I have fractured my foot I am in a lot of pain.

Could I have fractured my foot I am in a lot of pain.

Patient: Could I have fractured my foot. I am in a lot of pain. Its swollen and feels like someone is stabbing me. Can’t lay on it hurts. Can’t walk on it for to long either. U can feel like a break in it. I have been using an ace bandage on it and was wondering if I should try a brace?

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You have not mentioned about how you got this. If you got injury then you may have fracture. I think you should brace it. You can get its x ray to see fracture. You can take analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Vitamin B and C are helpful in recovery. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.