Could I possibly be pregnant?

Q: I have been getting bad heartburn to the point of throwing up, my breasts are sore and getting larger and I'm tired more than normal i am always hungry and inhabe gained a few pounds despite running daily and eating very healthy i had a period 2-3 weeks ago why am I having these symptoms?

Symptoms:  Tired,nausea, heartburn, breast soreness

Thanks for contacting

If you have had your periods just 2 -3 weeks back and you have been having regular menses, then these may be early pregnancy symptoms . This can be confirmed by getting a serum hcg levels doe on day 24-day 28 of the cycle, which would show high hcg levels in case pregnancy has occurred.

However if your periods have been irregular and you have not been sexually active or have used protection through out , then these similar symptoms may form a part of symptom complex called premenstrual syndrome or PMS which mimics pregnancy symptoms but start just few days before onset of menses and subside after the bleeding starts.

Also , if the concern is PCOS ,then you must visit your physician to have a complete hormonal check up for hyperandrogenism and an ultrasound pelvis for ruling out polycystic kidneys. To note , weight gain and oligomenorrhoeic cycles may hint towards the diagnosis but a complete evaluation and examination is necessary before reaching a diagnosis.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health ,