Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Could I possibly get pregnant a day after missed Depo?

Could I possibly get pregnant a day after missed Depo?

Patient: I was due for my Depo on the 19th and had protected sex on the 20th. But, the condom broke and it was a mess. I do not want kids. But could there be a possibility?

Symptoms: Right now, there are NO symptoms.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the queryYes, there is a possibility of pregnancy as there was an intercourse with a delay of the n ext shot of contraceptive dose. With every hour of delay in contraception, the effectiveness of contraception coverage will come down. Do a pregnancy test later to rule out pregnancy, in case you encounter the symptoms of pregnancy or miss the cycle.Hope this helpedRegards