Could i potentially be pregnant?

Patient

Q: Im 18 and this last past week i have had unprotected sex everyday. i am on birthcontrol but i missed a pill on new years eve and new years. i started bleeding, but i attributed it to me missing my pill. i have only been on bc for about a month, but i was not taking it very consistenly. i had to throw out a pack and start a new one because i missed three ij a row, so i have not had my period since i started bc. now i am leaking clear water like fluid from my vagina...could i potentially be pregnant?

Doctor

A:   Because you missed 2 birth control pills during new year and have not been on it consistently, the chances of getting pregnant is slightly increased, though it's difficult for anyone to tell. You may have to do a urine pregnancy test two week after the unprotected sex to confirm pregnancy. I hope the information helps, take care.