Could i still be messed up from my D&C? Could I be pregnant and its just too early to test?

Q: I had a D&C back in November for a missed miscarriage, they had to do it twice because they missed some parts the first time, my period came back in January and i also had it February. Now i didn't have one in march like i was supposed to and i haven't had any symptoms of my period at all and i always do about 2-3 days before and still... nothing. Ive taken a few pregnancy tests and they have al said no. Now my question is, Could i still be messed up from my D&C? Could I be pregnant and its just too early to test, or could i possibly have something wrong that would make me infertile ?

A:   Thank you for your query.
After going through your query I would like to convey that sometimes when the D&C is not complete the fetal remnants remain which may have to be cleaned. You have not mentioned whether a follow up scan was done after the second D & C procedure to confirm if the uterus has been cleaned of any fetal remnants. Anyhow since you say that you had two normal periods after that, probably you need not worry about the remnants. If you don’t get your menstrual cycle even after 7 to 10 days past your expected date of menstrual cycle it is advised to opt for a home pregnancy test. These kits are less sensitive and probably miss detection of a very early pregnancy. If you are anxious see the doctor who will suggest a blood test for βhCG and do a scan to exactly know the reason for not having periods. Occasionally if the uterine lining (endometrium) is scrapped off too much it can make it too thin or by chance an infection travelled up the genital tract, it can lead to infertility after a D & C procedure. But this happens very rarely. You can try for a pregnancy after 3 to 6 months which will give time to the uterus to heal up. If you are already pregnant this month don’t worry your uterus should have healed up and is probably ready for a pregnancy.
Hope that answers your query.
Have a good day.