Could I still be pregnant?

Patient : Good Day, my last period ended on 18/12/14, up until today 26/01/2015 I haven't had my period and I am 16 days late. I took a pregnancy test on the 22nd of January 2015 but it showed negative. Is there still a possibility that I could be pregnant?
Symptoms:  Nausea, stomach pulling, extreme hunger, very tired
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query Though pregnancy is one of the causes of delay in cycles, it is unusual to be the cause in your case as the recent pregnancy test is negative, yet, you may take the test again after a week to reconfirm.The other causes of delay are hormonal changes, stress, excessive physical activity in recent times, thyroid or prolactin abnormalities, polycystic ovaries, pill side effect or an underlying infection , anemia, anxiety, etc It is ideal for wait for a week and repeat pregnancy test, in case negative, consult a gynecologist for an examination.If all normal, the doctor may wish you put yu on a 5-day progesterone supplement to cause withdrawal bleeding, returning your cycles. Other blood and urine investigations and ultrasound may be needed. If any other changes, doctor will treat you accordingly. Your symptoms are premenstrual in nature, seen also in pregnancy , but as your test is negative, you may wait for a week. Hope this helped Regards