Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Could I still be pregnant if I started my period?

Could I still be pregnant if I started my period?

Patient: If my husband and I made love over the weekend but I started my period that Monday, if it possible I can still be pregnant?

Symptoms: Sore, nauseous

Doctor: Thank you for your query.Since you say that your period started off on Monday following the sexual intercourse on the preceeding days that is Saturday & Sunday the chances of a pregnancy from that instance of sexual intercourse are almost meek as implantation cannot take place when the woman is bleeding. If your bleeding has been normal as per your routine schedule & your cycle was on time you probably need not worry.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.