Could i still get pregnant?

Patient: Since Dec 25 I have had unprotected sex at least five times with yesterday Jan 2 being the last time but today I started a light bleed and I have cramps can I still get pregnant?

Symptoms: Light bleeding with cramps can I still get pregnant if I had unprotected sex a couple of times in the last week

Doctor: Hello,If you have not been on any birth control for the month and have been having unprotected sex multiple times in the week , then this light brown discharge with mild cramps could might as well be an implantation bleed as the chances of conception are high. Though this is a retrospective diagnosis after confirmation of pregnancy, it is advised that you may perform a blood serum beta hcg test on day 22-26 of your menstrual cycle to look for raised levels of hcg , which if present would confirm pregnancy.An implantation bleed can last for 2-3 days but remains from spotting to light bleed and not like menstrual bleed.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards