Could it be Allergies?

Patient

Q: In late July of 2011, my son moved out of a house. I went up there to clean it out. It was full of dried dog poop and the bathroom was encircled by black mold. By the next week (4 August) I could not open my eyes due to a sandy feeling, right eye felt as if a boulder was in it as well. I went to my family Dr. and was told that not only did I have a severe eye infection, but also my throat, ears, and nose.

To this day, my throat either has a severly dry feeling or feels as if there is a hair stuck. My ears always feel as if there is a spider crawling in and out of the canal. And my eyes still, quite often, feel as if there is sand in them.

Could this be an allergy that I need to get an antihistamine for?

Doctor