Could it be anything other then Herpes?

Patient

Q: Hello, I am a 21 year old female who has had on and off itching in the genital area for about 6 months. It was very itchy but when it started, I was in a monogamous relationship with a boy who I lost my virginity to, and he lost his to me. Since then, I have slept with two males, both of who I had had emotional relations with. Sex had become painful however and the itching persisted. Other then maybe 2 times, I have always used a condom with these other two males and am on birth control. Never did I notice any sort of lesion or open sore on my partners penis. The last time I had intercourse was over a month and a half ago, but a few days ago I noticed my vagina was very swollen and itchy, two days after that I developed sores where I was swollen, and had white creamy discharge. I went to my doctor and she insisted she was certain it was herpes, prescribed me Valtrex and said that was that. I know some of the symptoms match with herpes, but I have not had any flu like symptoms, practiced safe sex with only 3 partners in my life. Is there anything else this could be? I have been taking Valtrex for 3 days now and it has not mad a difference I am in more pain then before, still itchy and the sores are not getting better.

Symptoms:  Symptoms: chronic Itching, inflamed vagina that progressed to sores and white creamy discharge
Doctor