Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Could levlen ed birth control cause bad discharge

Could levlen ed birth control cause bad discharge

Patient: I am currently using levlen ed birth control I have been for about 3 months now, I have skipped my period every time & have not had my period for three months. Could this be causing bad discharge & making my discharge have a bad odour?

Doctor: Thank you for your query.Bad or foul smelling discharge especially after sexual intercourse could be as a result of a vaginal infection, which may be of fugal, bacterial or viral origin. It is advisable to see your doctor who will do a vaginal swab and send it for culture to determine the underlying cause and prescribe medication accordingly. Empirical medication can also be started off by the doctor immediately to provide relief symptoms early.Hope that answers your query.Have a good day.