Could my daughter be a carrier of Strep infection?

Patient

Q: Dear Dr, I have strep throat for the second time in three weeks. I have a 5 yr old daughter that stay with me two weeks a month. She shows no signs of being sick except. A runny nose she hasn't shook in a month. Now my x wife got strep throat too. Is it possible my daughter is carrying strep with out the symptoms? Thank you for what all you do, Phillip

Doctor

A:   It may be possible for your daughter to be a carrier of strep infection, and yet have no significant symptoms. It is very common in children from 5 to 15 years of age to carry the infection. You may want to get her tested to rule out any chances of infection and seek treatment if she tests positive for the strep infection.