Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Could my Girlfriend get pregnant?

Could my Girlfriend get pregnant?

Patient: I was recieving oral sex from my girl then I ejaculated on her, I cleaned it all up, we sat around for 30mins-1hr just watching tv then we got touchy again and then she gave me more oral sex and I slid it into her vagina around an inch or two inside then pulled it straight out, is there any chance of her getting pregnant?

Symptoms: Nothing yet

Doctor: Oral sex is unlikely to get anyone pregnant. Live sperm is generally not found in dried semen so its unlikely that in th e absence of a repeat ejaculation in the vagina, your girl friend gets pregnant although theoretically anything is possible. The best way to go about this is to advise your girl friend to take a pregnancy test around the time of her expected periods.I hope you feel better after reading this. However you must remember that accidents such as these are common and next time the situation may not be as favorable. Visit a family planning clinic or a contraception counselor and discuss the benefits and use of emergency contraceptive or morning after pills. Armed with the proper knowledge, I am sure you will be able to avoid anxious moments in the future.