Could PMS symptoms actually be pregnancy?

Patient : I have been having pregnancy symptoms or especially strong PMS symptoms for 2 1/2 weeks. Yesterday was my expected period, I had some brown spotting in my panty liner, but today I woke up bleeding; it is a little darker in color and doesn't seem super heavy, but my cramps are making me feel nauseated, although they aren't as strong as usual. I have never had PMS symptoms that strong or bad, what could the issue be?
Symptoms:  Nausea (not throwing up), high emotions with crying about silly things, exhaustion and sleepiness, food aversions, waking up hungry and nauseous, feeling nausea all throughout the day, tickling, pulls and twinges in my uterus, bloating and runny nose