Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Could she be pregnant?

Could she be pregnant?

Patient: Dear Doctor, i’m concerned about my best friend. she told me she had her last period on the 3rd of February 2015, and had unprotected sex during the two first days of her fertile window, which was the 13th and 14th of February. Her next period is due 8 days from today which is the 4th of march, she also mentioned having some symptoms such as cramps in the lower abdomen, a few series of frequent urination, indigestion and heart burn. what are the possibilities that she might be pregnant and is it too early to do a test?

Symptoms: Occasional cramps, mild head ach, indigestion, frequent urination

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As she had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulat ion, there is possibility of pregnancy.But just by symptoms we can not come to one conclusion as these type of symptoms can be seen in other conditions like gastritis, UTI etc.So, better to wait till her expected date of periods and if she miss her periods, let her go for urine pregnancy test once.Hope this helps.Take care.