Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Could the chances of being pregnant be higher?

Could the chances of being pregnant be higher?

Patient: SO my bf and I had unprotected sex on the June 7th, 8th and 13th. He ejaculated inside my vaginal multiple times. I was supposed to get my period on June 14th but didn’t get it until June 16th. I took a pregnancy test on the same day before I got my period because I felt off balance with a few things but it came up negative. Then on June 26 I ate breakfast and before noon I felt soooo nauseous (on and off) and tired all day. Should I take another pregnancy test or wait it out a little longer? Please help!!

Symptoms: Nausea and extremely tired

Doctor: It is unlikely that you could be pregnant after a negative pregnancy test. As per your cycle dates, you were in the saf e period and its less likely that you ovulated on any of the days mentioned by you. If however you are still anxious about the pregnancy, you could repeat the home pregnancy test or alternatively, get a blood hCG test which is more reliable.Although I hope you feel better after reading this, you must remember that having unprotected intercourse is not a responsible thing to do and next time the situation may not be as favorable.Please visit a family planning clinic or a contraception counselor and discuss the benefits and use of contraception especially the emergency contraceptive or morning after pills. Armed with the knowledge on proper use of contraception, I am sure you will be able to avoid such anxious moments in the future.