Could this be implantation bleeding?

Patient

Q: My last period was march 17. that means I'm ovulation Mar 26-Apr 6.
I had unprotected sex March 31st .
The ovulation calculator that I use says I would have conceived Apr 1st.
Apr 3rd I had a bit of cramping and spotting for about 10 hrs and then it stopped. Could this be implantation bleeding? If not what could it be?

Doctor

A:   Dear Patient, from the instances you have described, i.e. if you had an unprotected sexual intercourse only on the 31st of March, then implantation bleeding will occur ~ 6 to 7 days later. The reason for this being, even, if you ovulated a little before the 31st of March then also the fertilization of the egg will take on the 31st of March only because as per your query you did not have an intercourse before that. For the ovulated egg the life span is ~24 hours. Only within which if fertilization takes place it would take ~5 days for it to fully develop into a blastocyst and then it implants on day 5-6. Therefore the spotting you had could have been an intermittent bleeding due to other reasons like hormonal changes etc. and is not the implantation bleeding as a result of your sexual intercourse on the 31st of March.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.