Could this be more than a cold?

Patient : I've had a cold for a few days now. It had kept my in bed for a day, that was 3 days ago. I now have a cough and can hear wheezing in my chest and cough up flem, as of yesterday I now have a stiff neck and not sure why or how. I have not fevered at all through this
Symptoms:  Coughing, sneezing, wheezing, stiff neck, runny nose has gone away
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. These symptoms are consistent with the common cold or influenza infection. What concerns us is that your neck is becoming stiff, and this may be indicative of the development of a more severe infection of the central nervous system called meningitis. It is important at this point that you have a thorough examination by a doctor in person and be treated with the appropriate medications. Please see your doctor or go to your nearest urgent care clinic as soon as you can to be evaluated. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com