Could this be more than a rotator cuff injury?

Q: I have been experiencing a sharp tearing pain in my shoulder with certain movements since May. I have no clear date of injury. My doctor x-rayed my shoulder (no breaks but beginning arthritis) and sent me to 1 month of physical therapy before he would order an MRI. The therapist immediately contacted my dr saying she believed we should MRI immediately. She started me on excersizes to strengthen my neck, but wouldn't touch the shoulder. Therapy has made the shoulder worse. It locks and pops painfully in addition to the tearing pain. I also have daily headaches and neck pain. I experience sharp, electric shocks up my arm and in my neck and get light headed. My range of motion is greatly reduced and the muscle is atrophying. The pain has also moved to my elbow and wrist. My therapist thinks a nerve may be pinched and is asking to MRI my neck as well.

My grandmother died from leukemia and my father from multiple myeloma. I realize cancer is not hereditary, but the worry is still in the back of my mind. My father's multiple myeloma was diagnosed after a shoulder injury.

I have an MRI of the shoulder (and hopefully the neck) scheduled on Thursday and won't see my primary care doctor until the results are sent over.

Is there a possibility that this could be more than a repetitive movement type injury? Logically, I know it's not cancer, but it would be nice to have it confirmed by a doctor.

Thank you!