Could this be something serious with my heart

Q: Hello. I've been having a bit of a problem that is starting to become quite frustrating. Over the summer I got back into the gym and immediately notice how much I felt out if shape. Just a little bit about me, I'm a 23 year old male, weigh about 125lbs, and I would say I'm a pretty healthy person. I did find out last year that I have mild allergy induced asthma that is triggered by certain pets. Anyways, I got back into the gym and during my lifts I noticed that I was breathing a bit heavy, and had a slight feeling of cloudiness. I attributed this to being out of shape and proceeded to press on. Over the course of 6 weeks I made decent gains in my lifts and got my cardio up to 4 miles in 30 mins. But even with improved cardio I still noticed during my lifts, this weird breathing. This problem was off and on, some days I was perfectly fine, other days I felt like I was still a little out of shape. I even went as far as to buy an o2 trainer to improve my lung capacity, thinking that this may be a product of asthma. During this time I cut out caffeine as we'll, going from 2-3 cups of coffee and tea a day to nothing at all. After about 6 weeks or so I stopped working out due to work.

Now that I have more free time I got back into the gym today and immediately noticed that same feeling of heavy breathing, increased heart rate( about 130ish after simple lat pull downs). This is such a frustrating feeling and my question are these:

Does this sound like my asthma transitioning into exercise induced asthma? I mean I don't wheeZe at all at the gym, and I don't feel tight chested or anything. Just heavy breathing (would this be considered shortness of breath). Best way I can explain the breathing is it feels like I can breath normally (no restricted air ways, no tight chest) but feel as though I'm not getting enough oxygen. Taking a few deep deep breaths fixes this but I don't ever remember feeling like this when I was active in college (gym, running, intermeural sports)

Would the fact that I get heart palps during my workouts lean this more towards a heart problem? I do notice that I don't get palps every workout, but about 75% of them I experience atleast 2-3 palps during my lifts.

I read about pulmonary hypertension and now I'm freaking out that this breathing issue and feeling of lack of oxygen is something that is going to ruin my life.

I have a doctors appointment at the end of the month for a checkup, I'm considering bumping it up to next week because I'm so frustrated that I can't figure out what this could be.

Is it at all possible that this could be asthma symptoms but without the wheezing? I mean I take a deep breath and hear no wheezing at all. Yet my cardio, when I work on it, managed to improve. It's just this breathing and heart rate issue with with my occasional lifts.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for so many questions, I'm letting my stress and anxiety get the best of me (something that also makes me wonder about these issues being stress related)

Thanks in advance

Symptoms:  Heavy breathing (shortness of breath?)
Faded blue veins appeared in upper chest.