Could Wegener's Granulomatosis be mistaken for CCS?

Patient

Q: Could Wegener's Granulomatosis be mistaken for CCS? Vasculitis of the lungs, sinus inflammation, allergies, aren't these common in both?

Doctor

A:   I realize your concern about Wegener’s disease. Certainly the characteristics of this disease include necrotizing vasculitis and inflammation of the respiratory tract and kidney. Fever, weight loss and especially hearing disturbances are present as well. Certain individuality like bloody sinusitis and bloody cough makes it particular. But the presence of a cell mediated immune response gives the uniqueness which decreases the chances of misdiagnosis. I hope I could clear your doubt.