Coversyl and increased frequency of urination

Patient

Q: Can taking Coversyl 4mg day increase the urge and frequency of urination?

Doctor

A:   Coversyl (Perindopril) belongs to a group of medicines called ACE inhibitors which block the action of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) that produce angiotensin. These medications work to reduce high blood pressure by widening the blood vessels and increasing the urine output to reduce the fluid volume and heart overload. Thus with the incresed output, you may experience increased frequency and urgency of urination.