Coworker with HIV: is it dangerous?

Patient: HIV Aids co worker has it and I must work next to him and he is sick alot.what can I do?

Doctor: Around the world approximately 40 million people are currently living with HIV infection, and an estimated 25 million ha ve died from this disease. In the United States, roughly one-third of new diagnoses appear to be related to heterosexual transmission. Male-to-male sexual contact still accounts for nearly half of new diagnoses and intravenous drug use make the remaining of the cases. For your information,the virus does not spread through casual contact such as preparing food, sharing towels and bedding, or via swimming pools, telephones, toilet seats, or for being “next to” an infected person. The virus is also unlikely to be spread by contact with saliva, unless it is contaminated with blood.