Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Cowper’s Fluid

Cowper’s Fluid

Patient: Hi.. Iam experiencing arousal everytime im with my girlfriend… I cant help it.. My penis grows larger and secretes cowper’s fluid… Is it normal?? what if almost everyday it happen?? is it still normal?? thanks

Doctor: Thank you for your question. This is a very normal phenomenon during sexual arousal. This is something that you should n ot be concerned with. As you get older, this occurrence of this may be less frequent. It is important to know that pre-ejaculatory fluid can contain small amounts of active spermatozoa which can result in pregnancy. Please use barrier protection during sexual activity to prevent unwanted pregnancies.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com with your health concern.