Cracking painful knees

Patient

Q: I`m 30 5ft &size 8/10 no med problems my knees started cracking about 4yrs ago but this last month (2wk) the pain of my right one and the noise of it is unbarable it feels like its popping when walking and a big crunch when i crack them cuz that use to ease the pain not now.please help, my doctors app is 2wk away

Doctor

A:   We know for a fact that sustained overweight and lack of exercise can cause problems in the weight bearing joints like Hips, Knees, and Ankles also the Lumbar Spine, then in the case that you are overweight, the suggested strategy should be: consult a nutritionist or dietitian to help you to lose weight and combine the prescribed diet along with a consistent exercise routine, for example 30 minute walking every day at your own pace. For the pain management: you can take anti inflammatory medications (“Aleve”, “Motrin”) and also try physical therapy. As soon as you begin to lose weight, the pain and cracking should decrease.