Crackling of the knees

Q: When i walk i can hear my kee cracking really bad, and when i am sitting i can move my knee up and down and just hear and feel the cracking and when i stand or walk for a long period of time it hurts. but i have never hurt my knee. so what could the problem be

A:   We know for a fact that sustained overweight and lack of exercise can cause problems in the weight bearing joints like Hips, Knees, and Ankles also the Lumbar Spine, then in the case that you are overweight, the suggested strategy should be: consult a nutritionist or dietitian to help you to lose weight and combine the prescribed diet along with a consistent exercise routine, for example 30 minute walking every day at your own pace. For the pain management: you can take anti inflammatory medications (“Aleve”, “Motrin”) and also try physical therapy. As soon as you begin to lose weight, the pain and cracking should decrease.