Crackling of the knees

Patient : When i walk i can hear my kee cracking really bad, and when i am sitting i can move my knee up and down and just hear and feel the cracking and when i stand or walk for a long period of time it hurts. but i have never hurt my knee. so what could the problem be
Doctor :   We know for a fact that sustained overweight and lack of exercise can cause problems in the weight bearing joints like H ips, Knees, and Ankles also the Lumbar Spine, then in the case that you are overweight, the suggested strategy should be: consult a nutritionist or dietitian to help you to lose weight and combine the prescribed diet along with a consistent exercise routine, for example 30 minute walking every day at your own pace. For the pain management: you can take anti inflammatory medications (“Aleve”, “Motrin”) and also try physical therapy. As soon as you begin to lose weight, the pain and cracking should decrease.