Cramps and light bleeding before period. Am I pregnant?

Patient

Q: Hi... My fiance and i have been trying to concieve. We had sex the week i ovulated. I havent taken a pregnancy test because im waiting to get the most accurate results. My last period was 3/28/14 and my period was expected to start yesterday. Yesterday i had brown slippery discharge. Today i had severe painful cramps with light bleeding. The cramps were alot more painful then the cramps i get on my period and the bleeding is alot lighter than my period. I dont know whats going on. Could i be pregnant? And if so whats happening?

Symptoms:  Severe cramps, light bleeding
Doctor

A:   Please wait for a couple of days and if your regular period does not start you may carry out a home pregnancy test.

Guest: Can I still get pregnant after having my tubes tied 8 years ago I been having something similar to morning sickness and can you still have your period and be pregnant.